Ben Naga (http://bennaga.wordpress.com) was kind enough to gift me this award.
RULES OF THE AWARD:
1. Thank the person who gave it to you.
Thank you Ben!
2. Share 7 unusual things about yourself.
- I once met Fidel Castro
- In 1997, I spent three nights as a “patient” at a mental institution while doing an undercover investigative story about patient abuse there.
- I am black, but I had a white paternal grandfather and mother’s mum was Indian. (I’m a bit like a Panda – black, white and Asian!)
- My ancestry has been traced back to a 12th century Norman knight and one of my ancestors was Secretary of State to King James I.
- There is a town named after my family in Canada. It was founded by my great-great uncle.
- I once hit the only six in a cricket match… at Lords.
- One of my friends was once a famous international porn actress (and, yes, we really are JUST good friends)
3. Share 7 of your posts. (Most Beautiful, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, Most Prideworthy.)
El: A Love Story (Drives readers to tears, apparently)
The Beauty of Sadness (The one most shared by my readers)
Sex musings at midnight (Most read of all time… no surprise, with “sex” in the title)
Merry Christmas! (Not the most controversial title, I know)
Sound the alarm! There are no single men left in London! (From the hits I get, there appears to be a lot of people researching this theme on Google!)
Parents rule! (I’m proud of all my work… but I’m most proud of my parents!)
4. Nominate seven other bloggers and notify them.
Some of these blogs are new so there isn’t much there yet; one or two haven’t been updated for a while, but I hope to encourage the bloggers because I believe they really do have something to offer!
Over to you!